Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Learning How to Survive

Watching the Pacfic in class really brings shows how terrible war is. Fighting in the across the Pacific had to have been terrible. The US soilders had no clue on how to cope with their surrounding while fighting over there. Leaders try to help by staying some what calm and talk everyone through it but truthfully they are also scared for their own lifes. Everyone helps each other out one way or another. People risk their lifes to save some one elses. 

2 comments:

  1. yeah, that must've been terrifying. its true, the soldiers are experiencing such horrible things and what's sad is the long term effects that it has on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever we watch The Pacific in class, I always try to put myself in the soldiers' shoes and think of what I would feel like in that particular moment. Honestly, I don't think I'd be strong enough to be there. In Peleliu, the soldiers were extremely dehydrated, yet they still kept on fighting. I don't think I'd be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete